half-assed knit blog
half-assed knit blog
half-assed knit blog

OH NOES

So here’s what happened over the past couple of weeks:

First, my laptop started to die.

Then, my laptop continued to die.

Then, my laptop died.

So I’ll be back to blogging (and my pile of unanswered emails and Ravelry PMs – I’m sorry!) when the laptop gets replaced or perhaps brought back to life in zombie laptop form.

(Incidentally, I am typing this from an ancient, hateful computer that hisses at me. I think it may try to bite me.)

16 Comments

1. becca says:

Awwwwww, poor dear! My compy has been in a slow death, I fear it’s going to need a wiping and reinstalling of windows. And I’m not looking forward to backing up my hard drive, I tell you that. You should knit a funeral shroud for your lappy. or a chewtoy for the hateful hissy comp.

2. Amanda says:

Oh, that’s the worst. My last laptop was limping along until I…wait for it…if you don’t like perversion you should stop reading now…killed it with a teabag. Yes. I teabagged my computer to death. Go me. It would have been hilarious if I weren’t writing my dissertation at the time.

3. jenfromRI says:

Oh, that sucks! Maybe the hissy computer really is your laptop in some kind of body-snatching zombie form. That could explain the hatefulness.
    Isn’t it sad how much we rely on computers? Mine died a few months ago and I was just horrified by how helpless I was.

4. Sarah R says:

You need to make friends with the hissing computer. Perhaps it’s just jealous of the attention your laptop got. Knit the hissing computer a keyboard cozy or a CPU scarf. Perhaps it’ll make it happy and it’ll stop hissing.

Or at least be muffled.

5. Aunt Kathy says:

My guess is it was so confused by your last pattern with the hidden messages it got brain overload, lol

I haven’t tried that scarf yet, I am still wrapping my brain around how seeming uncomplicated that secret code appears to be.

Hope you get a new laptop soon, I sure wish I had one.

6. Jamie says:

Whew! So we don’t need to send an ambulance for you. I was starting to worry. What a fun excuse to go and buy a new gizmo.

7. Lisa says:

Beware the zombie laptop!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

8. Ladylungdoc says:

Hmmm…my laptop battery is dying. Maybe it’s contagious.

OH MY LORD – YOUR BLOG COULD BE A VECTOR FOR THE DUMB!!!!

9. MonkeyGurrl says:

:) I’m glad its “just” the laptop. I was beginning to worry.

10. knit2gether says:

I’m so sorry this happened to you too! I am only just getting my act back together after my hard drive died – it’s scary how much of my life I keep on my computer. Even a zombie laptop is better than no laptop at all – I’d watch that hissing computer though – it could be snakes :-)

11. Kelly says:

Personally, I’m hoping for the laptop to come back to life in zombie form.

Neck bolts and all (screen bolts?).

12. Jaimi says:

I used to have a computer that occasionally grunted at people. The funniest part was, it was a Mac (my first one!), and the people it grunted at just happened to be the people who were really not happy that they were using a Mac. Somehow, they *know*.

13. Cass says:

I hope you’re able to get a new lap top soon. I miss your blog posts :)

14. Sarah says:

Also awaiting your return to blogging. I hope this computer problem gets sorted out!

15. Lisa says:

Dear ancient hissing computer,

Please return our dear blogger to her blog. We are nothing without her half-assed knit blog. :(

Thank you.

16. CanarySanctuary says:

Argh! I hope your compy woes are cured soon.